Luca’s Keto Birthday Cake 🍰: Chocolate & Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Cream Frosting
This keto birthday cake recipe is a delicious sugar free, gluten free keto birthday cake that your party guests will never know is a healthy version of classic birthday cake!
Here is the recipe that I made for Luca's keto birthday cake!
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups erythritol, blended into confectioners (powdered) sweetener in a blender for 30 seconds
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or powder
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- optional: sugar free sprinkles
Vanilla Cream Frosting Ingredients:
- 3 cups sugar free powdered sweetener (I used erythritol)
- 1 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or whole milk
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Coat two 8-inch pans witch coconut oil spray or grease with butter. I used two 6.2 inch pans to make a taller cake.
In a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar for 7-8 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, and beat until fully blended for 1-2 minutes. Add the almond milk and vanilla until combined. Add in the dry ingredients that was set aside and beat until well mixed.
Divide the batter evenly and remove half the batter and set aside. Pour one half into one of the cake pans. Add the other half of the batter back into the mixer and add the cocoa powder. Blend well. Pour into the other cake pan, and smoothen out the tops of the cake pans. Bake for around 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove the cakes from the oven and set on a cooling rack or an area to cool. Allow both the cakes to cool completely before frosting.
- Directions for the frosting:
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter and the confectioners powdered erythritol until well blended for about 3-4 minutes and then add the vanilla extract. Turn down the speed to low, add the milk and mix well.
Once both cakes are completely cooled, frost the first cake on the bottom (I put the chocolate layer first). Once it is fully frosted, add the vanilla cake on top gently and frost the entire cake with the vanilla frosting. Cool in the refrigerator overnight.
Remove from fridge and finish the icing process (I use an icing knife and run it under cool water to finish smoothing it all
out). I used sugar free sprinkles and poured them into my hand and pressed them into the side, rotating it on a cake stand. Decorate with cake toppers and/or candles. I got my cake toppers and sugar free sprinkles on Amazon.
Makes 16 slices. Macros for 1 slice of cake with frosting (optional sprinkles not included): 8 g carb, 5 g protein, 27 g fat.
Energy: 175 Calories or 290 per frosted slice
Let me know if you try it!!
Much Love, Vanessa.